Learn poker strategy
The tables of EuroPoker.com are exactly as they should be – intense battlefields where wit, nerve and skill mean everything. We have put together poker strategy analysis brought to you by our team poker specialists to hep you negotiate the battlefields with ease.
Before joining a game for the first time, take a deep breath and take it easy. Watch. Learn. And when it's your turn, remember – TAKE YOUR TIME! In our poker school section, we provide all the information you need to play. Follow these instructions and watch the other player's moves
Above all, have a game plan and stick to it. As you become more experienced and comfortable you'll learn to read other players moves like a pro. In fact, you'll probably know what they're going to do before they do!
Some great poker tips from Euro Poker
- Poker requires a sharp mind. Upset, worn out or just plain mad? Do something else instead.
- Don't try to bluff everyone on the first hand. You'll probably find that it's you who ends up being bluffed.
- Don't play every hand. Learn to fold faster than your grandmother on laundry day.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions. Poker players are generally helpful, polite and friendly individuals.
- Know your odds. Understand the math and you win! It's that simple.
- Go with your gut feeling. Why? It's usually right, that's why. If you suspect you're beat you probably are!
- Think before you act. Simple but decisive advice.
- Understand and learn the three basics as detailed below – starting hand value, position play and folding.
Three basic principles of Texas Hold'em
Learn to judge starting hand value
The two pocket cards (or hole cards) are what separates your hand from those of the other players. Learning how to play these defines how successful you'll be. An AA (ace-ace) combo has a much better chance of winning than a 7-3 combo for example. Play good starting hands, fold bad.
Understand the power of position play
As described in our 'POKER SCHOOL' section, being seated in a late position is a huge advantage, as your opponents must reveal their hand before you act. Make sure you use this advantage when it occurs. A good starting hand in an early position can often be worse than a bad hand in a late position.
Swallow your pride – learn to fold
No matter the betting round, if you have nothing and can't draw to anything fold. It really is that simple!
Play casino directly from your Euro Poker account!